Tuesday, June 12, 2012

the return of the daisies

Today, you can find me over at Rhythm of the Home with the second of my weekly posts for the month of June. Meanwhile, here on the farm, the wild daisies are back in bloom! Along the side of our dirt road, growing in the scrubbiest patches of sandy soil they can find, scattered amidst the pallets of stone and rusty old farm implements, the daisies are pushing their merry way up toward the Sun. I find it hard to walk by this patch without getting sidetracked. Nothing wrong with a little sidetrack every now and again...




What's blooming around your home?

7 comments:

  1. Wow--those are so pretty in black and white! (And in real-life-color, too, I'm sure--tee hee!) We planted a little "meadow" in our tiny front yard this year and it's just starting to bloom. I think it's going to be quite nice around the 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we had those. Nothings blooming right now as the heat is killing everything. But two months ago we had really lovely desert marigolds! I'm so glad to see you over at ROTH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the daisies everywhere...one of my favorite things this time of year. Lots of lupine here in Maine right now...simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these pictures! And there's not much blooming around here right now.. I do, however, have some cilantro that's threatening to off itself. I'm convinced I'm just not meant to grow it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful pictures of your little boy and his frog (guest post for RotH)...a saucy little frogger! Love your blog-- what a beautiful family (and farm)!

    ReplyDelete