Monday, June 25, 2012

lifelong learning

Oh goodness. An entire week has somehow run away from me and here I am to tell you that my fourth and final post is up today over at Rhythm of the Home. If you have a moment, take a look. And if you're so inclined, try making my Solstice Sun Popsicles and let me know what you think. Thanks!



(Giving Thatcher his first photography lesson, Summer Solstice 2012.)

Now, I have something fun to share with you here, in my own space. Here where everything or nothing can be about farming. This has nothing to do with farming, but it does have a lot to do with this blog. Today, because I am a total nerd and nothing makes me happier than a little summertime learning, I begin my first ever e-course. I can't remember at this point the twisting trail of blogs and websites that led me to discover Erin's Eyes Open Creative Photography E-course, but I'm thrilled that lead me there they did (plus, Erin's blog is a beauty). For the next six weeks, I'll be working on my photography skills along with 30+ other people hailing from locations all around the globe and back. West Coast, East Coast, Canada, Japan, Australia (just to list a few). I'm hoping to improve my photography both technically and creatively. I plan to shoot mostly digital images, but I have two rolls of black & white film ready for the occasion. Now, if I can just figure out where to get my film developed... Anyhow, I hope to share some of the work that I do for Eyes Open with you here, and feel free to leave a critique (constructive criticism, please).

What will you be working on this summer?

2 comments:

  1. I love the name Thatcher. That is so great. I also really love your piggy pctures. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing the course too!! Bit slow to get started and wishing I had a new lens (haha) but am looking forward to it all a whole lot.

    Now, to get on to the homework :-)

    Melania

    ReplyDelete